04 October 2003

In His Law The Islands Will Put Their Hope (Is 42:4)

Is 41:1 Be silent before me, you islands! Let the nations renew their strength! Let them
come forward and speak; let us meet together at the place of judgment.

Is 51:1 Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord:

Is 51:4 Listen to me my people; hear me my nation:

Jer 9:24 Let his who boasts boast about this that he understands me and knows me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight.

Is 42:1 Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put on Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.

Is 42:4 In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth.
In his law the islands will put their hope.

Is 51:4 The law will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations.
My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm
will bring justice to the nations.
The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm.
Lift up your eyes to heaven, look at the earth beneath;
The heavens will vanish like smoke, and the earth will wear out like a garment
and its inhabitants die like flies.

Is 51:7 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have my law in your
hearts: Do not fear the reproach of men or be terrified by their insults.
For the moth will eat them up like a garment; the worm will devour them like
wool. But my righteousness will last forever, my salvation through all
generations.

Is 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right
hand.

Is 42:6 I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold on your hand.

Is 56:1 Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my
righteousness will soon be revealed.

Zech 7:9 Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.

Matt 9:12 But go and learn what this means: “I desire mercy, not sacrifice.” For I have not
come to call the righteous, but sinners.

Matt 23:23 …The more important matters of the law – justice, mercy and faithfulness. You
should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Jer 21:12 Administer justice every morning; rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one
who has been robbed, or my wrath will break out and burn like fire…

Is 28:18 See I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure
foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.
I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line.

Jer 30:11 I am with you and will save you. I will discipline you but only with justice. I will
not let you go entirely unpunished.

Is 66:8 For I, the Lord, love justice.

Eze 34:16 I will shepherd the flock with justice.

Eze 34:30 Then they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them and they they, the
house of Israel, are my people. You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are
people and I am your God.

Hos 2:19 I will betroth you to me forever, I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in
love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge
the Lord.

Jer 31:3 I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-
kindness. I will rebuild you up again, and you will be rebuilt.

Am 5:4 Seek me and live.

Am 5:25 But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!

Matt 5:3 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is
the kingdom of heaven.

Lk 18:7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day
and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get
justice, and quickly.

Jn 14:28 You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you’.

Jn 16:20 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will
grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

Jn 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.

Rev 1:17 Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead,
and behold I am alive forever and ever!

Rev 3:7 Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will
he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is
coming out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Rev 16:15 Behold! I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his
clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed.

Rev 22: 7 Behold, I am coming soon!

Rev 22:12 Behold, I am coming soon!

Rev 22:20 Yes, I am coming soon!

Rev 3:14 These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.

Rev 18: 5 Praise our God, all his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Amen Holy Spirit.